MR DT: Canvas - We

Hi crafty friends! It's my turn on the Maya Road blog today! This time I am back with a canvas! I wanted to create something to document my upcoming wedding and I am excited to put this together!




I do love hexagons. This is one shape that is special yet not over cluttering when placed on layouts. You can do the same layout with other shapes as well. I first treated the canvas with Gesso, and then painted with colors of my choice - pink and a hint of green. I opted for the more dreamy colors in this layout. Then I added the hexagon chipboard and roses vintage lace trim - cloud directly onto the background. I painted these to match the background color so they do not look overwhelming.

OI000049_20160504140637569

Then, I misted the chipboard swirls in silver to match the overall color tone. I added this to 3 parts of the layout in order to achieve a visual triangle to balance things out. 

OI000045_20160504141029528

OI000046_20160504140917508

After the background elements were done, I added the hexagon box to the canvas. Decorating this was easy. First, I added jute & twine cording to the wood spools. Next was the painting portion. I painted the royal key charms with gesso, so they do not look overwhelming against the entire layout. I took the heart element from the Chipboard Say What Speech Bubbles and also painted it red. Flowers are my best friends in crafting! Here I used 2 of my favorite Mayaroad flowers - Felt Roses & Tu-Tu Tulle Flowers - for layering. Last but not least, this dreamy birdie here took my breathe away! They are such a pretty sight, I could not resist but to add them to the layout as well!

OI000047_20160504140409006

After the main frame was done, I moved on to decorate the other parts of the canvas layout. I selected some chipboards with love phrases from my Maya Road stash and painted them. You can choose to add glitter to the words in order to create attention.

OI000042_20160504140252246

OI000044_20160504140131501

Here comes my favorite part of the entire canvas! Here, I used the pretty resin bows and acrylic tokens for layering. The resin bow was painted to match the colors of the entire layout. I really love how subtle yet pretty the acrylic tokens are! For sure it will be appearing again for my projects! 
Next, I added some more Tu-Tu Tulle flowersfelt rosesdaisy clip, pearl flowers and tassel for layering. The tassels are super yummy! I love to use them on my projects! Love how it comes in many different colors!

Hope you like what I shared with you today!



Maya Road Supplies Used: 

Visit Maya Road for more inspirations!


No comments