MR DT: Mini Album - Smiles

Yes it is my turn up on Maya Road blog today! This time round, I decided to play with the dies! Boy did I enjoy myself much on this project!


I'm telling you, this has to be my favorite album! It started with the cluster of embellishments for the title, and the more I built / layered, the more substantial it got. I was having much fun!

I first started building the title, using the bow die and the Smile frame ATC die. A die can work multiple purposes! In this case, I am using the bow die as a title background, like a label. It sure works! Then I added the XO Heart Die below, topped with the soaring bird resin. Next, I decided that I would like to frame up the resin bird, so I backed it with the wood frame embellishment and a pink pin. As a final layering, I added the Vintage Doilies, topped with some jute cording and the Geometric leaf.

Yes, you might have guessed, I worked from the title downwards, creating the layered cover for my mini album.



The album opens to an array of envelope pages with tags. There is so many possibilities in here! Add almost everything to the pockets! 2 sides open up with pockets, the sides as well as the top.




For the top pockets, I added the tabbed file folder in every of those pockets. Had to cut it slightly smaller in order to fit, then backed it with pattern paper.


For the side pockets, I added a whole load of goodies to them! For the front side, I added clips! Love how these clips fit nicely into the pockets and become a gorgeous piece of embellishment! I used an array of them, namely the beautiful daisy, question mark and coffee cup clip. For the beautiful daisy, I even added a brad to the centre!

Each of the front side pockets are also filled with an ATC diecut. The ATC diecuts are extremely gorgeous! In addition, I topped it up with a token of choice. There are so many gorgeous tokens in Maya Road's Collection, I am sure you will be spoil for choice! 



See what I mean with the ATC die-cuts? Each of these are either backed with pattern paper or clear transparency. I love how simple yet stylish each piece is!




On the back pockets, I added some pattern paper and manila shipping tags. I love to use these shipping tags! I like it in its original color, so I simply added some doodling to the sides of the tag. Oh yes, and the stitched square background you see below on the tag? That's the square stitched diecut from the Smile frame ATC die!



Last but not least, there is still space on the back page for more decoration! I grabbed some love chipboards and painted them gold. It serves as a subtitle and I love how the word love peeks out from the top of the album! Another love I recently found is the pearl flower trims! Ain't they gorgeous!



Hope you had fun seeing this mini album come together too! Don't forget to grab your Maya Road supplies and start the crafty fun!

Maya Road Supplies Used:
Visit Maya Road for more inspirations!

No comments