SS DT: 12x12 Layouts | Autumn Thoughts

Hello! I'm on the Simple Stories blog today with 2 layouts using the Hello Fall collection.

Wow, it's now Fall already! I am so inspired by this collection because fall is my favorite season among the 4 seasons! Singapore does not experience the four seasons (It is really summer all year round), so I am always enjoying the photos taken by my friends with different seasons.

The layouts I have done this time are taken by my ex-colleague and a good friend who has taken so many nice photos! I am always so inspired by his photography. These pictures are taken by JC Soo, at Liberty Memorial. Alongside with the photos, I also documented some of my favorite autumn quotes. It is a good way to store my memory of things I like at this point of time!

Be Thankful
For my first layout, I got inspired by the hexagons on the Warm & Cozy pattern paper. Love the colors in this collection; it really enhances the colors in my photo!



I started layering with the hexagons on the background. The fussy cutting of hexagons was so therapeutic; I actually cut all of the pattern paper into individual hexagons. I did not use up all of it though; I will leave the rest for another layout. The hexagons highlight one of my favorite fall quote – “Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree” 


For the title, it was easy to pick from the bits and pieces pack! Just the word I was looking for! A little stitching across the title helps to create more attention to the title. 





There are so many elements in the Bits & Pieces pack that I used in this layout. The leaves and acorns are so cute! I like to use leaves as fillers – they help to reduce empty spaces and yet at the same time, do not over clutter the layout.



More embellishments added to the layout. I like this tag – thankful - from the sticker sheet. Just paste it on, and add some more zig zag stitching to join the photo and the tag. Below the tag, I added some more layers of embellishments from the bits and pieces pack. There are simply too many goodies in this pack! 


On the other end of the photo, I added this cute little chipmunk with the wooden logs. This melts my heart! Layering the embellishments one on top another creates a scene, and in this case, due to the lighter color of wooden grain background, achieves a very good contrast!


Autumn
For my second layout, the main inspiration comes from the 2x12, 4x12 & 6x12 Elements pattern paper. I am really inspired by the papers in this collection! Everything else comes into place with this collection. 


First, I chose a dark woodgrain as the background to serve contrast against the lighter elements I would be placing on the layout. Next, I did a fussy cut on the scroll from the 2x12, 4x12 & 6x12 Elements pattern paper. This element inspired me to create a portrait layout with vertical elements. In this layout though, I opted for hand stitching with some DMC thread. I wanted a bold contrast of stitching to enhance this layout; especially so since the background is dark, while the scroll had a lighter shade. I added the title at the top of the scroll, just above the photo. I like how the colors are concentrated at the top of the alphabet. This title came from the sticker sheet


Surrounding the scroll, I have added some fussy cuts of the beautiful florals from I {heart} Fall pattern paper. It is a continuation from the florals existing from the scroll page. I have also die cut some leaves and added them in between the papers to act as fillers. 


Some more goodies in the Bits & Pieces pack! I like to use embellishments associated with the photos. The simple yet eye catching trees in this pack works wonders! 


Another cluster, backed with leaves as fillers to showcase a perfect embellishment – Autumn is here. All I needed to do was to fill up the space with another of my favourite fall quote – “How beautifully leaves grow old, how full of light and color are their last days.


I am such a Fall girl, and this collection has granted me a great journey into Autumn! Hope you have enjoyed the walk through, and thanks for dropping by today.

Supplies:



For those residing in Singapore, Simple Stories is available at Made With Love! :)

 Visit Simple Stories for more inspirations!



No comments