MWL DT: Dreams~ [Secret Belgium Binding]

My upcoming workshop Made With Love has gotten me thinking. The experiment with a variation of the secret belgium binding had been so fulfilling, so I really wanted to vary this method of binding again! Today I am sharing a new hand stitched album on Made With Love blog, after exploring this secret belgium binding a little further!


I wanted to make this album for my little niece Sophie; she is growing up way too fast! Seeing her on the day she was born warms my heart. The first collection which came to my mind was the Pink Paislee "Oh My Heart" collection by Paige Evans! This collection has packed a lot of fun elements and I totally can see how Sophie would love these colors!


Now that I have the stitch and papers in mind, the next thing to decide was the album structure. I commonly get inspired by Sizzix dies, and of course, this was no exception! This time I chose to use the Sizzix Eileen Hull's Scoreboard XL Die - Caddy Bag. Sure, it was meant to be used as a caddy, but who says it can't be turned into a pocket album? Eileen Hull has a great collection of dies which can be used in different ways, check out her other Scoreboard XL dies in Made With Love! (Another of my personal favourite is the Flower pocket XL die. That's another die which could possibly turn into another album!)


Here is a closer look at the secret belgium binding. This binding method is beautiful. This time, I altered the front stitches so they look like a branch out / arrows, just to add some fun element to the front cover. 


How can you not love this collection? There are a number of puns in this collection, and I love how witty they sound! This was one of them, and I had a good laugh over it. Most first time parents would know how their weekends and weekdays are fully booked! It always seems that there is no time except baby time~


Each of the pages had a pocket, where I filled them up with tags. Additional photos and journaling goes onto these tags - you could use both sides of the tags if you wished.


This is my best friend for making tags! The We Are Memory Keepers Tab punch board has made our scrapbooking lives much easier, just a few steps and viola, you get the tab all punched out! 


This was how I assembled the pieces from the die-cuts - using the Xyron Creative Station Lite. I am using the 5" refills. Album making just got a whole load easier with this machine! The added benefits - running the pattern papers through the machine gives an awesome sense of satisfaction as well!

I had fun with this album, and hope you enjoyed the walk through! All products used are from Made With Love, thanks for dropping by my blog today! 

Products Used:

Pink Paislee Paige Evan
- Oh My Heart Collection
Xyron Creative Station Lite
Sizzix Eileen Hull
- Caddy Bag
We Are Memory Keepers
- Tab Punch Board



No comments