MWL DT: LO | Love

Hello crafters! Happy 2018! I can't believe it, 2017 has wheezed past so quickly, and I am writing my first blog post of 2018! Here's wishing all of you a blessed, happy and healthy 2018 ahead!

Today, I'm am inspired by the pretty Crate Paper - Good Vibes collection available at Made with Love! Just a walk around the shop gives me great inspirations!  


The elements and vibrant colors in this collection are gorgeous! I was so excited and nearly fussy cut 3 pieces of the pattern paper! Adding elements of fussy cutting does give me much joy. I find that the layout becomes less rigid, and the variation of shapes makes the layout look more alive. Here's a couple of the fussy cutting. I do them while watching TV or waiting for my food to arrive. After all, it's a much better activity to do than using the handphone all the time!



Another inspiration I got off from the collection was to use some thread / twine and hook them up so that they look like tassels all around my photo. To do this, I made use of the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK - rectangles, dotted and die cut a rectangle. Then I used the dotted markings to pierce a hole and attach the thread.


Adding layers behind the photo helps to enhance it. Here, I've cut some tags from the collection and randomly added some fussy cuttings to accompany the layers.


Lastly, to finalize the entire layout, add journaling. I tend to forget the details of the photo after some time, so I make sure to add some details. Sometimes, the photo says it all, and in that case, I would add the date. Journaling is one of the most important detail for a layout, yet also the most commonly forgotten by a lot of people. I make use of my WRMK typewriter to do my journaling. It is not only a pretty sight, but also my favorite tool for layout journaling.


Supplies used are from Made with Love:
  • Crate Paper - Good Vibes Collection
  • Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK - rectangles, dotted
  • WRMK Typewriter, Mint
  • American Crafts Thickers

Thank you for joining me on this new year, hope you have enjoyed the walk through. Have a blast in 2018 and stay creative!